Procurement and Contracts
In year 2018/19 the Council spent £187m with external suppliers in revenue and capital expenditure and it has the responsibility to spend this money in the most effective way to achieve its objectives and desired outcomes for residents.
As part of the Commissioning and Commercial Strategy the Council will ensure that local sourcing is considered as part of any procurement and contract strategy whilst having full regard for the Council legislative imperatives.
You can search for opportunities through:
- Sell 2 Wales includes information about upcoming opportunities over £50,000*
- OJEU (Official Journal for the European Union) which provides information on contracts over the EU Threshold. These can also be viewed and accessed via TED (Tenders Electronic Daily)
- All from Powys County Council
Submitting a tender
- Business Wales provides business support to those starting, running and growing a business including tendering advice.
- eTenderWales - Is the platform used for the bidding process for tender opportunities, please ensure you are also registered with eTenderWales in order to bid.
- Sell2Powys is a guide which gives details on how companies/organisations can do business with the Council.
*Registering with Sell2Wales will allow you to receive notifications on opportunities published within your area of business.