Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2012-2021, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
Delegates should not book onto this course without having first completed the Experiencing Dementia training.
The Re-Live approach
Every training course Re-Live design and deliver is experiential. This dynamic and practical way of learning allows trainees to hold on to new information, new skills and build confidence.
The training invites trainees to engage with the emotional and psychological experience of dementia, exploring the questions:
- "What if it was me living with dementia?,
- how would I feel?
- what would I need?"
These questions encourage trainees to develop:
- compassionate perspectives on dementia,
- building greater understanding between staff,
- people living with dementia and family members.
The course explores ways of transforming existing services and moving towards a compassion focused service for people living with dementia and those who care for them.
Key Learning Outcomes
The training will:
- Explore the impact that compassionate communication can have for a person living with dementia
- Support trainees to become aware of their own communication style
- Demonstrate the positive impact good body language, personal space and volume levels can have on a person with dementia
- Develop trainees confidence in connecting with a person with dementia, including the use of non-verbal communication
- Encourage trainees to reflect on the situations they find challenging and explore how compassionate communication can help
|26th June 2019||NPTC, Newtown||9.30am - 4.30pm|
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given