Toggle mobile menu visibility

Disagreement Resolution


Complaints about an individual school

Most concerns can be settled quickly by speaking to the relevant person in school, without the need to use a formal procedure.  However, if you are not happy with the response you receive then you may make your complaint using the procedures set out in the schools complaints procedure. 

Should you wish to make a formal complaint about an individual school, please ask the school concerned for a copy of its complaints' procedure. 

The local authority cannot respond to complaints about individual schools as the school governing body is responsible for addressing these complaints.


Complaints to the local authority

Powys County Council is committed to dealing effectively with any concerns or complaints you may have about the services we provide.  We aim to clarify any issues about which you are not sure.  If possible, we will put right any mistakes we may have made. 

A copy of Powys County Councils Corporate Complaints Policy can be accessed here Complaints' Policy or by telephoning 01597 826000.  Alternatively, you can email

Snap Cymru

SNAP Cymru's Independent Parent Partnership is free to families and offers impartial, accurate information, advice and support.


The Special Educational Needs Tribunal for Wales (SENTW) is an independent tribunal. They deal with appeals against certain decision about a child or young person and their education. They also deal with discrimination claims of unfair treatment in schools to do with a disability.


Powys Teaching Health Board

How to raise a concern with Health (Powys Teaching Health Board)

In the first instance please speak with your health practitioner.

If you are still dissatisfied you can discuss this with Powys Teaching Health Board (PtHB) Concerns Team via email:

If you wish to raise a formal concern then please see below info:

Putting things right webpage


TGP Cymru

TGP Cymru is a leading independent Welsh children's charity working with some of the most vulnerable and marginalised children, young people and families in Wales. They may be experiencing difficulties in accessing appropriate services in health, education or social care - these include children with disabilities, children with emotional health needs and children seeking asylum.

TGP Cymru has its Head Office in Cardiff and projects across Wales offering independent and confidential support to children, young people and families.  They do this through advocacy, participation, counselling, family group meetings, restorative approaches and conflict resolution. We also offer advocacy support for those experiencing problems with emotional health and wellbeing and produce communication passports for children and young people with communication needs. We work with children, young people and families, giving them a voice to have a say in their future and ensuring that their rights are upheld.


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon