NOTICE: Garden Waste update

Read more about View full notice

Health and safety business advice

 Health and safety business adviceThe Food and Commercial Team of Environmental Health is responsible for the enforcement of health and safety regulations in premises such as the following:

  • Shops and offices.
  • Hotels and leisure facilities.
  • Warehouses.
  • Builders' merchants.
  • Steel stockholders.
  • Residential homes.

Responsibility is shared with the Government's Health and Safety Executive, which is responsible for inspecting manufacturing industries, construction and agriculture.

The task of our team is to ensure that every employer, employee and self-employed person understands and complies with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and associated legislation.


AdviceClick here to go to the HSE website

The HSE website provides very comprehensive advice on all aspects of Health and Safety

If you want further advice in relation to a health and safety issue then please feel free to contact our team.




If you want to make a complaint in relation to a health and safety issue then please feel free to contact our team.

All complaints regarding health, safety, welfare, or working conditions are investigated in confidence. We will discuss the complaint and can advise as to any action to be taken.




  • Email:
  • Phone: 01597 827467
  • North Powys Address: Environmental Health, Neuadd Maldwyn, Severn Road, Welshpool, Powys, SY21 7AS
  • South Powys Address: Environmental Health, Neuadd Brycheiniog, Cambrian Way, Brecon, Powys, LD3 7HR
  • Mid Powys Address: Environmental Health, The Gwalia, Ithon Road, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 6AA


Feedback about a page here


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon