Integrated Disability Service
Powys Integrated Disability Service (IDS) is a multi-agency service where professionals from health, education, children's social care services and voluntary agencies work together to provide support for children and young people with disabilities and their families.
The service begins with a referral and assessment from one or more of the teams listed below. If this shows that 2 or more of these teams are working with you and your child, a Team Around the Family meeting is organised to meet with you, discuss the support you may need, and agree on an action plan. This is only done if you and/or your child agrees.
Our aim is to work with you to enable your child or young person to reach their full potential and maximise their independence.
The teams and services which participate are:
- Paediatric & 14+ Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and language Therapy
- Children's Community Nursing and Special School Nursing
- Learning Disability Nursing
- Community Paediatricians
Powys County Council
- Schools Service
- Educational Psychology
- Sensory Service
- Children's Services
- Children with Disabilities Team
- Action For Children - Community Support
- Adult Services
- Transition Social Workers
- Occupational Therapists (for Adaptations)