Report Child Abuse

If you are being harmed or abused, or you're worried about somebody else, please report it. If you report a concern and it turns out that nothing has happened you won't get into trouble if you really thought there could be a risk.

If you see or hear someone being harmed or abused, or someone has told you they are being harmed or abused:

In an emergency, don't wait - call 999.

  • Do get medical help if they have been hurt
  • Do call the police if you suspect a crime
  • Do listen and reassure the victim
  • Do preserve evidence (the police will tell you about this)
  • Don't push for information about what happened

Don't wait until you're certain if you are worried about a child.

If you have any concerns or suspicions, contact us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by email or our online reporting form. (You may use this form to make a report at any time, but it will only be picked up by the team during office hours).

You can also call us on : 01597 827666  (Monday to Thursday  8.45am - 4.45pm and Friday  8.45am - 4.15pm)

For out of hours please call - 0845 054 4847

Professional staff may use our multi-agency referral form

Sign Language icon

Powys County Council is a partner within the Mid and West Wales Safeguarding Board, which works at a regional level and links with local safeguarding sub groups to help protect children and adults who are experiencing, or at risk of, abuse, neglect or other kinds of harm. You can visit the partnership's website here. 

Website accessibility checker iconThe pdf documents on this page comply with accessibility standards

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon