Toggle mobile menu visibility

View full notice

Notice: Do you need help with your benefits?

How to get equipment

hand walking frame

Here are 3 ways to find the right equipment for you:

Get recommendations online

Work out what equipment would make your life easier.

If you have problems walking, or feel you need a walking aid you or your GP/healthcare professional can refer for a mobility assessment with your local Community Therapy Team at Powys THB.

Buy it from a shop or seller

Lots of simple equipment is available to buy from high street shops like Argos, Boots, DIY shops and others.

Organisations for specific conditions often provide advice on equipment and may also sell it.

Get an assessment from us

If your needs are a bit more complex, we can have a chat and ask you some questions about your day-to-day life to work out what equipment would help.

Whether it's a smaller item like a grab rail, perching stool or chair raiser - or something bigger - we'll figure out the best thing for you. We call this an assessment.

Equipment recommended following an assessment can be issued on loan free of charge.

Referrals are accepted from a wide range of sources, of which the following are likely to be most significant: ·

  • Social Care· Primary Care Services·
  • Virtual ward· Hospital services, both community and district general hospitals·
  • Independent providers·
  • Third sector· Family and friends· Self-Referral

If you prefer, you can ask for an assessment yourself using the button below:

Ask for an assessment Make a Referral for Care Services


  • Email:
  • Phone: 0345 602 7050 (8.30-4.45 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 4.15 Friday)
  • Emergency Duty Team 0300 333 2222 (Delta Wellbeing out of hours service)
  • Text: Adults in Powys who are deaf or have hearing loss can text the ASSIST team on 07883 307 622. (8.30-4.45 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 4.15 Friday)
  • Address: ASSIST (Adult Social Care), Powys County Hall, Spa Road East, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 5LG

Feedback about a page here