Toggle mobile menu visibility

View full notice

Notice: Do you need help with your benefits?

What is involved in an assessment for adaptations or equipment?

younger man and older looking at ipad

You will be visited by an Occupational Therapist who will assess your needs and agree a plan of action with you. 

The Occupational Therapist may recommend minor or major adaptations to your home. Depending on who owns your home (you, the council, Housing Association, or a private landlord), the recommendations will be sent to the organisation or agent who can make the changes.

You may have to pay for or contribute towards the cost of work in your house. We will check how much money you are eligible for based on your income and any benefits you receive. We call this financial means test.

If you have problems walking, your GP may refer you for a mobility assessment, usually at a local outpatient clinic.

Referrals are accepted from a wide range of sources, of which the following are likely to be most significant: ·

  • Social Care· Primary Care Services·
  • Virtual ward· Hospital services, both community and district general hospitals·
  • Independent providers·
  • Third sector· Family and friends· Self-Referral

If you prefer, you can ask for an assessment yourself using the button below:

Ask for an assessment Make a Referral for Care Services


  • Email:
  • Phone: 0345 602 7050 (8.30-4.45 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 4.15 Friday)
  • Emergency Duty Team 0300 333 2222 (Delta Wellbeing out of hours service)
  • Text: Adults in Powys who are deaf or have hearing loss can text the ASSIST team on 07883 307 622. (8.30-4.45 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 4.15 Friday)
  • Address: ASSIST (Adult Social Care), Powys County Hall, Spa Road East, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 5LG

Feedback about a page here