NOTICE: Garden Waste update

Read more about View full notice

Register a building for civil ceremonies

If you want to hold marriage or civil partnership ceremonies on your premises, you need a licence. Once a licence is granted, it's valid for three years.

How to applyImage of a wedding venue

Download the application form and guidance notes [393KB] from this page.

When returning the form, you should enclose:

  • your fee (which is non-refundable)
  • three copies of the plans of the premises with the room(s) highlighted
  • an up-to-date Fire Risk Assessment
  • Ceremony seating layouts for all rooms you wish to licence

What happens next?

Once we have your documents, we'll put an official notice in the local press that a licence has been applied for.  Members of the public then have 21 days to make any objections.

We'll send your Fire Risk Assessment to the Mid and West Wales Fire Authority for their comments.  We'll inspect the premises to make sure they're suitable.

If your application passes all these steps, the licence will be issued.

If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please contact us.

If you don't agree with our decision, please contact the Registration Service Manager

If you're still unhappy, the General Register Office will give you advice.

Please note that the application process may take up to eight weeks.



  • Email:
  • Phone: 01597 827468
  • Address: Registrar Service, The Gwalia, Ithon Road, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 6AA


Feedback about a page here

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon