Toggle mobile menu visibility

Apply for social housing

Please note, if you contact the Housing Service we are not able to provide you with your position on the waiting list or how long it will take to re-house you. When you become top of the waiting list, you will be contacted by the housing provider (Powys County Council or one of the Housing Associations), either by telephone, text or email. 
It is vital that you keep your Homes in Powys application up to date with all your contact information, as failure to do so, may result in you missing out on a new home and your application being closed down. To update your housing application, please visit 
You will need to log into the website using your login reference, your memorable date and password, then click on the "Update your housing register application" link. Remember to keep your login details somewhere safe so you are able to log in and update your circumstances as and when you need.

Powys County Council and seven Housing Associations are members of the Powys Common Housing Register partnership 'Homes in Powys'.

All social housing in Powys is offered to people through one Common Housing Register (CHR) and an easy-to-understand Common Allocations Scheme (CAS) which is used to agree the allocation of both council and housing association homes.

If you wish to join our Common Housing Register, you can submit a housing application online via our Homes In Powys page.  If you need to make any changes or update your application, you can log in here.

By completing your application online, you will have the freedom to report any changes to your circumstances, check the banding of your application or request to close your application through your own online account at any time.

Please note that you will be asked to provide documentation to evidence your situation, this can be financial, medical, proof of identification, proof of address, copies of any Notices served - this list is not exhaustive

If you have problems logging in, please email



Feedback about a page here