Recharging Policy Statement
- In line with the Councils Tenancy Agreement, The Housing Service is able to recover the cost of works necessary; be that through wilful damage, misuse or neglect.
- The costs are recovered effectively and efficiently.
- The costs are recovered using a consistent approach.
The Housing Service operates the policy to ensure that:
- We maximise the resources available to allow re-investment in our stock and provide services to our customers.
- Responsible tenants /customers and members of the general public are not penalised.
- Policies, procedures and agreements are adhered to and enforced when appropriate.