NOTICE: Garden Waste update

Read more about View full notice

Report flooding from a sewer or water main


If a flood is caused by a burst water main or from a sewer, please get in touch with the relevant utility company for your area:

Report a leak to Severn Trent Water

Report a leak to Dwr Cymru Welsh Water

We are responsible for:

  • developing a strategy for managing local flood risk
  • keeping a register of flood risk management assets
  • investigating flooding incidents; and issuing Land Drainage Consents for works on ordinary watercourses, including Enforcement.

You can ask to look at the register listing the location of features and assets included in the significant risk asset register by contacting our Land Drainage Team by email

Investigating flooding incidents

By law, we must investigate:

  • which organisations have relevant flood risk management functions
  • whether each of those organisations has carried out, or is proposing to carry out, those functions in response to the flood.

When we've made an investigation we must:

  • publish the results of the investigation
  • notify any relevant organisations.


Report a flood here Report a flood

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon