Dyslexia Awareness in the Workplace Training
Today most people have heard of dyslexia and are aware that it is a condition that affects a person's reading and writing ability, however dyslexia can affect different people in different ways and create varied degrees of difficulty. Dyslexia awareness in the work place is a short session designed to provide individuals with an insight into what it is like to be dyslexic, how it can affect an individual in the workplace and how those affects can be mitigated.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for anyone who would like to learn more about dyslexia, who feels they may have dyslexia or who manages staff with dyslexia. It may also be of particular interest to HR departments who may receive applications from dyslexic candidates.
- To be more able to recognise signs of dyslexia.
- To be more aware of the types of functions that may be difficult to perform for someone with dyslexia.
- To have an understanding of the term reasonable adjustment when applied to dyslexia in the workplace.
- To be aware of some of the strategies that can be used to support staff with dyslexia including speech to text software and other technologies
- A definition of dyslexia
- How dyslexia can effect an individual in the workplace
- Dyslexia and the Equalities Act
- The different ways in which the difficulties faced by people with dyslexia can be mitigated
Course Dates and Prices
|Cost: £50 per person|
There are no special requirements to take part in this course.
Powys County Council employees can book onto this course via iTrent Self Service. For all other applicants, please register your interest using our online form here