Object Handling Training
Employers will be complying with their health and safety requirements and employees will avoid sustaining painful and costly injuries as a result of lifting and moving objects incorrectly.
Who Should Attend?
Those members of staff identified as requiring this training by their manual handling risk assessment.
To provide delegates with the necessary knowledge and confidence to ensure they minimise the risk of musculoskeletal injury when moving loads.
- Legal requirements relating to manual handling
- Awareness of causation factors and types of musculoskeletal injuries
- Provide information relating to the prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- Methods of lifting and moving
- Identify the dangers and hazards involved in moving and handling loads
4 hours (Time: 09:15 to 12:30)
Course Dates and Prices
£35 per person
Participants must be capable of taking part in the practical element of this course. It is the responsibility of each individual participant to take care of their own health and safety. They must inform the instructor beforehand if they have any limitations on their physical ability.
Refresher Period - 2 Years
Powys County Council employees can book onto this course via iTrent Self Service. For all other applicants, please register your interest using our online form here