NOTICE: Garden Waste update

Read more about View full notice

Animal Welfare

Image of a kitten and a puppyThe Animal Welfare Act 2006 gives councils powers and responsibilities to deal with the welfare of farmed and pet animals. The responsibility for pet animals is shared with the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA). In general, the RSPCA take responsibility for domestic or pet animals.

You can report concerns about the welfare of animals to our offices, or to the RSPCA.

Fallen Livestock

If you see dead livestock, please report them.

Road Casualties

If you see livestock carcases  on the highway or road verge, please report this, and we will arrange collection and disposal of the carcases.

Fallen Livestock on Private Land

All livestock carcases found on private land should be reported to the Trading Standards Service who will investigate and arrange for disposal of the carcases by the farmer/landowner.




  • Email:
  • Phone: 01597 827467
  • Address: Environmental Health, The Gwalia, Ithon Road, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 6AA

This service offers a callback facility.


Feedback about a page here

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon