NOTICE: Garden Waste update

Read more about View full notice

Social Work - Qualify as a Social Worker

The Council operates a successful secondment scheme which supports selected staff to gain the Degree in Social Work through study with the Open University in Wales (the Degree in Social Work is the UK qualification for Social Work).


Staff who wish to be considered are expected to have experience of social care and to hold a relevant NVQ at level 3.  They are also normally expected to hold the Open University certificate 'An introduction to health and social care' (K101), or its predecessor (K100).  Or an equivalent and relevant higher education certificate.    (NB K101 is offered to selected staff through the Social Care training programme)

The Degree is a BA (Hons) and can be studied over three to five years.   Powys CC pays fees, travel etc and provides some study time. Students however need to commit a considerable amount of their own time for study on top of this.



  • Email:
  • Phone: 01597 827330 / 01597 827333
  • Address: Social Care Workforce Development Team, The Gwalia, Ithon Road, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 6AA


Feedback about a page here

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon