Stronger, Fairer, Greener - Our Corporate Plan
Our Corporate and Strategic Equality Plan sets out the council's vision for the future of Powys and includes the well-being objectives we will focus on to help make our vision a reality.
The plan is effective from April 2023 onwards following the local government elections in May 2022. A variety of services and activities are planned to meet our objectives.
Our ambition is that by 2027, we will be:
- Stronger - We will become a county that succeeds together, with communities and people that are well connected socially, and are personally and economically resilient.
- Fairer - We will be an open, well-run, Council where people's voices are heard and help to shape our work and priorities, with fairer, more equal, access to services and opportunities. We will work to tackle poverty and inequality to support the well-being of the people of Powys.
- Greener - We want to ensure a greener future for Powys, where our well-being is linked to that of the natural world, and our response to the climate and nature emergencies is at the heart of everything we do.
To achieve our ambition, we have set the three objectives below that are the core aims of this Corporate and Strategic Equality Plan:
- We will improve people's awareness of services, and how to access them, so that they can make informed choices.
- We will support good quality, sustainable, employment, providing training opportunities, and pursuing real living wage employer accreditation.
- We will work to tackle poverty and inequality to support the well-being of the people of Powys.
To find out more, please view the interactive presentation: Our Corporate and Strategic Equality Plan
To understand how we are progressing against this plan, please view our Updates page.