NOTICE: Garden Waste update

Read more about View full notice

Homeless or at risk of losing your home?

If you think that you may be at risk of losing your accommodation or currently have nowhere to live, you should contact the Council's Housing Service straight away. 

When you contact us, a First Contact Officer will take details and you will then be allocated a caseworker to help you.

Homeless in an Emergency?  If you find that you are actually homeless outside of normal office hours, you can contact the Out of Hours service.

You are homeless if:

  • You have nowhere to live legally anywhere in the World
  • It is agreed that it is not reasonable for you to live in your home
  • You have somewhere to live but you cannot get access to it
  • You face violence/harassment, or are at risk of violence/harassment
  • You live in a place like a houseboat or caravan, and there is nowhere for you to moor or park it so you can live in it

You may be threatened with homelessness if you are going to lose your home within 56 days.  You may be asked to show us proof of your homelessness, e.g. the notice served by your landlord. We and our partners will work with you to try and prevent you from becoming homeless.




Feedback about a page here


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon