1. Login / Register
  2. Cymraeg
Close Icon
  1. Login / Register
Notice: War on plastics documentary
Read more

Council Tax reductions

Council Tax Reduction can help you pay your Council Tax bill if you are on a low income and live in Powys.

The amount of Council Tax reduction you can get is worked out by looking at how much money you have coming in, your savings, your personal circumstances and the amount of rent you have to pay.

How to claim

1. Complete the online application form on this page.

2. You can get help with completing this form over the phone or at any Customer Service Point

Complete the housing benefit / Council Tax reduction claim form online Housing benefit / Council Tax reduction claim form

Find out if you can get other Council Tax discounts or exemptions to reduce your bill Find out if you can get a Council Tax reduction

Universal Credit - Are YOU affected? How benefits are changing

Things to remember

  • Do not delay sending the form in as it will affect when we can start to pay you from.
  • If you are applying for Housing Benefit, you can use the same form to claim help towards Council Tax (Reduction), Free School Meals and School Clothing Grants all at the same time.
  • You won't get any benefit if you don't claim.



Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon