1. Login / Register
  2. Cymraeg
Close Icon
  1. Login / Register

Commercial Vehicle or Trailer (CVT) Permits


Commercial Vehicle or Trailer (CVT) Permits are for use at Household Waste Recycling Centres.

You do not need permits for:

  • Cars
  • SUVs
  • Land rovers with rear seats and windows
  • People carriers
  • Caravanettes
  • Camper vans
  • Trailers up to 1.4m* in length and towed by any of the above vehicles

You need permits for the vehicles listed below and are entitled to twelve visits per annum (unless otherwise specified):

  • Sign written cars (with the exception of courtesy cars and taxis)
  • All hire and company/works vehicles (limited to three visits per annum)
  • Trailers towed by an authorised vehicle over 1.4m* in length and up to 2.4m*
  • Small vans and short wheeled based vans
  • All picks ups (to include land rovers with no rear seats or windows), up to 3.5 tonne legal gross weight

Sorry, no access at all for: Any vehicle exceeding 3.5 tonnes legal gross weight, Trailers over 2.4m* in length, Flat bed and Tipper vehicles, any van other than short wheelbase, Mini buses, Luton box vans, Agricultural vehicles including tractors, horseboxes and stock trailers.  *The length of the trailer refers to the useable space of the bed of the trailer, excluding the hitch.     Read more FAQs   |   Terms & Conditions [103KB]

Apply for CVT Permits Commercial Vehicle or Trailer Permits application form


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon